The Diploma course in General Nursing & Midwifery is of three years and six months duration. The total number of seats in the Course is 30.
The syllabus of nursing course will be conducted as prescribed by Indian Nursing Council. The course commences in the month of October every year. Medium of instruction for this course is English.
There is a preliminary period of 12 weeks. During this time, the students attend the wards for observation and supervised practice not exceeding 16 hours per Exemption for ANMs/LHVs/Female Health Workers.
Candidates seeking admission to GNM course should be unmarried girls between the age of 17 and 35 years. However, as per Indian Nursing Council's letter F.No. 1-5/GB-CIR/2007-INC dated 26.02.2007, married girl candidates are allowed subject to the condition that they should produce medical fitness certificate.
Details of Tuition Fees
Rs 40,250/- per year
How to Apply
Application form for admission can be collected from the Institute. The duly filled in form along with the necessary documents should reach the Institute before the last date.
Documents to be attached
- One copy each of Class X and XII (or equivalent) duly attested. Candidates are required to have passed 10+2 with 40% marks.
- One copy of Mark Sheet of Class X and XII (or equivalent) duly attested. Candidate should must have passed Punjabi subject at Matric level.
- One copy of certificate of date of birth duly attested (not required if date of birth is mentioned in Matric certificate).
- Character Certificate from the head of the Institution last attended.
- SC / ST certificate from the competent authority, if applicable.
- Certificate in the form of an undertaking from the parent / legal guardian of the candidate promising to meet all financial obligations of the candidate during her training.
- Three passport size photographs of the candidate. Out of these, one attested should be pasted in the appropriate place at admission form.
The originals of the above mentioned testimonials shall be brought by the candidate at the time of interview. After preliminary scrutiny of applications and documents, selection will be made on the basis of merit. The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and binding. The selected candidates will be required to submit all the above said documents in original with the Institute.